Deborah L. Fish
Phone: (313) 961-6141
Direct: (313) 309-3171
Fax: (313) 9616142
Deborah Fish concentrates her practice in the areas of corporate reorganization, bankruptcy litigation and creditors’ rights. She represents debtors, creditors’ committees, trustees, 363 purchasers, public and private corporation, private individuals and entrepreneurs in bankruptcy courts and throughout the United States. Deborah is also highly experienced in fiduciary duty, fraudulent conveyance and preference litigation.
Deborah’s practice also includes probate and estate planning. She holds a Certificate of Completion in the areas of probate and estate planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
University of Michigan (A.B., 1981)
Michigan State University, College of Law (J.D., 1984)
State of Michigan
US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
US District Court, Western District of Michigan
US Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
Super Lawyers 2010-2015
Super Lawyers, Top 25 Women Business Michigan Super Lawyers 2013-2015
Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers 2012-2015
DBusiness, Top Lawyer 2010 – 2011, 2015
Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- “Is Bankruptcy Court a Refuge for Health Care Organizations”, American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Vol. XVI, No. 9, 1997.
- National Bankruptcy Review Commission Panel Member: Small Business Reorganizations Working Group, 1997.
- Contributing Editor: Wiley Bankruptcy Law Update, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001;
- American Bankruptcy Institute Health Care Insolvency Manual, 1997.
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees Spring Educational Seminar, 2000 and 2001
- ABI Central States Bankruptcy Workshop, 1996, 1998 and 2001
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors Annual Conference, 2000
- West Virginia Trustees Annual Seminar, 2000
- Federal Judicial Center Workshop for Bankruptcy Judges, 1999
- Columbus Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Institute, 1999
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees Annual Conference, 1996 and 1998
- ABI Winter Leadership Conference, 1997
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1993 and 1994
- National Business Institute, 1991
- Testified before U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee regarding health care bankruptcy aspects of Senate Bill 1301 (1998).
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Commercial Law League of America
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Fiduciary Duty
- Health Care Law and Health Care Insolvency
- Out of Court workouts and loan restructuring
- Guaranty litigation
- Co-counsel for Debtor Plastech Engineering Products, Inc.,
a large tier 1 automotive parts supplier with 1.4 billion of annual revenue.
- Counsel to the Liquidating Trustee of Plastech Engineering Products, Inc.
- Counsel to several tier 1 automotive suppliers in General Motors Corporation (NY.NY) and Daimler-Chrysler Corp. (NY.NY)
- Defense of prosecution of multi-million dollar fraudulent conveyance/breach of fiduciary duty action
- Counsel for the Trustee of Delorean Motor Company